10 Steps to the Perfect Caesar SaladBack to What’s New
Seagar’s Prime Steaks & Seafood is a world-class, four-diamond restaurant in Miramar Beach, Florida (a few miles from Destin). In fact, it’s the only four-diamond steakhouse on the Gulf Coast of Florida — a fine dining experience like no other, beloved by residents of South Walton, Destin and visitors to the area.
Seagar’s is famous for more than just its selection of the finest aged Prime USDA steaks. The restaurant’s Caesar salad — prepared tableside — is a favorite among guests and brings that four-diamond restaurant experience to life with an added flare.
In 10 steps, the table captains at Seagar’s create a delicious dish for two — the perfect start to a multi-course meal at Seagar’s! We’re sharing our secret to how it’s done below.
What You’ll Need
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Tabasco sauce
- Anchovy paste
- One raw egg
- Olive Oil
- Romaine lettuce
- Asiago cheese
- Baked parmesan cheese crisps
- Freshly cracked pepper
First, table captains gather the essentials. In this case — a fully prepared cart of ingredients stationed next to a diner’s table, one chilled Caesar salad plate per diner, napkin wrapped romaine lettuce, and a pepper mill.
Steps to Success
- In wooden salad bowl add approximately 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire, 1 soup spoon of Dijon mustard, a dash of Tabasco, a level soup spoon of minced garlic, and ½ a level soup spoon of anchovy paste.
- Mash mixture into paste with soup spoon.
- Add one egg yolk.
- Whisk mixture together.
- While still whisking, slowly add 1/3 cruet olive oil. Mixture should thicken until it holds form.
- Squeeze ½ lemon into bowl and mix.
- Add romaine lettuce, 2 serving spoons of Asiago cheese, and 2 serving spoons of croutons (approximately 16 croutons).
- Toss mixture and serve on salad plates.
- Top salad with baked parmesan cheese crisps.
- Top with freshly cracked pepper (optional).
Come to Seagar’s and see for yourself how our table captains create the perfect tableside Caesar salad for two. A fine dining experience like no other — Seagar’s is one of the best restaurants in the Destin area!